The tech and gadgets industry are in a bliss right now as Samsung finally launched a new smartphone that is, well yes – foldable. Dubbed the Samsung Galaxy Fold, this new smartphone boasts of a 7.3-inch Infinity Flex Display which can be folded into a compact form with its own little cover to boot.
DJ Koh, President and CEO of IT & Mobile Communications Division, Samsung Electronics said during the Samsung Event
“We created Galaxy Fold for those that want to experience what a premium foldable device can do, beyond the limitations of a traditional smartphone.”
To be available in the market during the second quarter of 2019, the Samsung Galaxy Fold will have a price tag of almost $2000!
And under the hood you’ll have the following:
- Main display: 7.3” QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED (4.2:3)
- Cover display: 4.6” HD+ Super AMOLED (21:9)
- Cover camera: 10MP Selfie Camera, F.2.2
- Rear triple camera: 16MP ultra wide camera, F2.2; 12MP wide angle camera, dual pixel AF, OIS, F1.5.F2.4; 12MP Telephoto camera, PDAF, OIS, F2.4, 2X optical zoom
- Front dual camera: 10MP selfie camera F2.2; 8MB RGB Depth Camera, F1.9
- 7nm 64-bit Octa-core processor
- 12GB of RAM, 512 GB
So what can you say about the Samsung Galaxy Fold? Are you willing to spend $2000 for a smartphone?